The Lotus Bed combines the therapeutic benefits of acupressure with the curative and meditative power of the Hindu “bed of nails” to help you reach a state of optimal well being. Acupressure is an ancient healing art used widely in Traditional Chinese Medicine that involves applying physical pressure to certain points on the body to improve circulation and promote a state of enhanced physical and mental health.
As you lay on the Lotus Bed, more than 8,500 tiny lotus flower petals embrace the surface of your skin, immediately stimulating the flow of blood throughout the body and triggering the release of natural endorphins that produce an overall calming, relaxed sensation. As circulation improves, stored toxins are released from your cells and tissues, which helps to ease stress and relieve pain and tension in the muscles and joints.
Why Use the Lotus Bed?
Just 20 minutes each day on the Lotus Bed provides myriad health benefits for mind and body:
- Relieve stress and tension
- Relieve joint and muscle pain/stiffness
- Relieve headaches, back and neck pain
- Promote a positive mood
- Enhance energy levels
- Increase mental and spiritual awareness
- Promote healthy liver and kidney function
- Relieve menstrual pain and cramping
- Improve digestion and elimination
- Promote healthy blood pressure
- Enhance immune defenses
- Improve sleep
Who Can Benefit from the Lotus Bed?
Our modern world is more stressful than ever, and our bodies are left to bear the burden. The Lotus Bed’s unique design can help ease the tension of everyday living and restore balance to your body. People who may benefit from using the Lotus Bed include those who:
- Suffer from fatigue or low energy
- Have problems with anxiety or depression
- Experience occasional joint and/or muscle pain
- Have digestive problems and/or irregularity
- Have insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Spend long hours at a computer